Updated at: Thursday Aug. 22, 2019 at 4:40 PM
This is only a test.
This site is intended to inform the WVU Potomac State community about emergencies occurring on the Potomac campus. In the event of an emergency:
- Up to date information will be posted on this web page.
- The University also will communicate with employees and students via messages to official WVU Potomac State e-mail addresses.
- Information will be provided to print, broadcast and web-based media outlets.
- Families receiving Parent Electronic News will be notified.
Reporting an Emergency
In the event of an emergency please follow these steps:
- Call 911 (9-911 from campus phones) for any situation that requires immediate police, fire, or medical response to preserve life or property.
- Use any of the outdoor blue tower emergency phones to report a campus emergency. Just pick up the receiver and press the button on the front center panel. Campus Police may be reached at (304) 788-6930
Important Phone Numbers
- WV State Police (Mineral County): (304) 788-1101
- Campus Police: (304) 788-6930
- University Police Mobile Communications 1 (301) 707-0655
- Psychological Counseling Center (304) 788-6976
- Student Health Center (304) 788-6913
- Potomac Highlands Mental Heath Guild (304) 788-2241
- Alcohol Other Drug Prevention Office (304) 788-6910
- Service/Information Desk (304) 788-6800
In the event of emergencies involving PSC students, students and parents should contact the Student Affairs Office at (304) 788-6842.
If the emergency occurs outside regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), please call the Campus Police at 304-788-6931 or on their cell phone at 1 (301) 707-0655.