Updated at: Friday Feb. 19, 2021 at 6:05 AM
PSC Winter Weather Alert: All in-person classes will move online Thursday, Feb. 18. Follow @PotomacState on Facebook and Twitter for more updates.
This site is intended to inform the WVU Potomac State community about emergencies occurring on the Potomac campus. In the event of an emergency:
- Up to date information will be posted on this web page.
- The University also will communicate with employees and students via messages to official WVU Potomac State e-mail addresses.
- Information will be provided to print, broadcast and web-based media outlets.
- Families receiving Parent Electronic News will be notified.
Reporting an Emergency
In the event of an emergency please follow these steps:
- Call 911 (9-911 from campus phones) for any situation that requires immediate police, fire, or medical response to preserve life or property.
- Use any of the outdoor blue tower emergency phones to report a campus emergency. Just pick up the receiver and press the button on the front center panel. Campus Police may be reached at (304) 788-6930
Important Phone Numbers
- WV State Police (Mineral County): (304) 788-1101
- Campus Police: (304) 788-6930
- University Police Mobile Communications 1 (301) 707-0655
- Psychological Counseling Center (304) 788-6976
- Student Health Center (304) 788-6913
- Potomac Highlands Mental Heath Guild (304) 788-2241
- Alcohol Other Drug Prevention Office (304) 788-6910
- Service/Information Desk (304) 788-6800
In the event of emergencies involving PSC students, students and parents should contact the Student Affairs Office at (304) 788-6842.
If the emergency occurs outside regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), please call the Campus Police at 304-788-6931 or on their cell phone at 1 (301) 707-0655.